The primary purpose of this position is to ensure all equipment in a specified area of the distribution center is working properly. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
This is a Full-Time position with benefits at 60 days. Starting $16.73 hr. Do not miss out on this excellent opportunity to work with Rite Aid in their Distribution Center as a Mechanic in the Maintenance Department. Apply today! Don't Wait, this opportunity will not last!
This is an entry level Tech II (Utility) position in a mechanic role in the maintenance department at the Rite Aid warehouse in Woodland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Repair facility equipment.
- Follow all preventive maintenance policies and procedures. Troubleshoot equipment during breakdowns and restore equipment to service with mininmal impact to production.
- Solve problems and meet projected time frames.
- Maintain basic troubleshooting of all electrical and mechanical aspects of facility equipment on site.
- Demonstrate mechanical proficiency of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and AC/DC electrical motors and drives.
- Adjust, reset, repair, or replace adjustable components and wearing components.
- Maintain motors, photo eyes, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
- Clean, lubricate, and calibrate equipment.
- Perform maintenance on facility equipment (i.e. Dock doors,dock plates, Dock shelters, conveyors).
- Perform basic electrical maintenance and simple repair/replace of lighting and ballasts using tools such as multi-meters and infrared thermometers.
- Read and understand basic electrical and electronic schematics is a plus.
- Complete Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used).
- Follow all safety guidelines and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc. Ensure a safe environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility competently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Ability to lift and move totes or cartons up to 50 pounds each.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day and evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/warehousing technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize building blueprints would be a plus.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours when required. Position is an 8 hour schedule but could require overtime depending on the needs of the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a basic overview and not the full intended job description.
Other criteria would include:
- Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
- Must furnish your own tools to complete preventative maintenance and associated assignments.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Extra knowledge Preferred:
Degree with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field, but not required.
2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field, but not required
Welding and fabrication experience,but not required
Lockout/Tagout and ARC Flash knowledge, but not required
MHE battery changing and servicing, but not required