The primary purpose of this position is to open and store boxes of inventory after they arrive in the distribution center. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
This Position has Full-Time and Part-Time slots. Shifts 8:00PM-4:30AM Nights. Full Time=Sunday-Thursday 8:00PM-4:30PM & Part Time=3x nights a week 8:00PM-4:30AM
Full-Time positions are eligible to sign up for benefits after 60 days of employment. 1 Week of Vacation after one year of employment.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Cut open boxed inventory in the storage area behind the flow rack or on the rack.
- Place opened boxes on the appropriate shelf of the flow rack.
- Walk the length of the flow rack.
- Use pallet jack to stage moves.
- Use roller cart to transport boxes to be replenished.
- Use reach pole to assist in replenishing.
- Conducts clean sweep activities.
- Move at a fast pace and with a sense of urgency.
- Lifting heavy items on shelves from top to bottom.
- Bending, reaching, squatting, and kneeling.
- On your feet entire shift, moving constantly.
This is a very physical position, there will be manual labor and you will be constantly moving non stop throughout the shift.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Ability to pass criminal background check.
-Ability to pass drug test.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.