The primary purpose of this position is to store boxes of merchandise in inventory after they arrive in the distribution center. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
This Position has Full-Time and Part-Time Shifts. $15.22 hr. Overnight 7:30PM-4:00AM
Part-Time is 3 nights a week 7:30PM-4:00AM.
Full-Time is Sunday-Thursday Nights 7:30PM-4:00AM with Overtime that is required to be worked by associate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Locate where inbound merchandise should be stored in inventory; transport boxes to that designated area.
- Cut the tops off boxes of inventory to ensure that the associates picking items for orders have easy access to the product.
- Lifting up fo 50 pounds.
- Quick/Rapid movements with hands, arms and legs. Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking.
- Place the boxes on shelves for storage.
- Ensure all areas are clean and free of debris.
This position is very pysical and will require rapid movement and lifting while working with a strong sense of urgency and purpose the entire shift, every night.
Experience / Requirements
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Ability to pass criminal background check.
-Ability to pass drug test.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.