Under general direction, ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for the central fill facility; compounds and dispenses prescribed medications; may provide functional supervision of professional, paraprofessional, and support staff; and performs related duties as required. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Maintain records of all transactions of the pharmacy necessary to ensure accurate control over and
- accountability for all drugs as required by applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations; ensure legal operation of the pharmacy, including meeting all inspection and other requirements of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing pharmacy operations.
- Fill prescriptions for pharmaceutical preparations; maintains accurate and detailed records of all prescription transactions; consults with customer pharmacists regarding pharmaceutical questions; monitors storage, distribution, and use of pharmaceuticals.
- May provide functional supervision to professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in their respective pharmacy, including training, assigning duties, and providing input for performance evaluations.
- Document and report medication errors to direct supervisor.
Experience / Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Pharmacy or Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.).
• Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
• Active Pharmacist license in good standing in the state for which you are applying.
* The above information represents a summary of the functions and requirements of this position. Additional details are available on the full job description.