The primary purpose of this position is to create a variety of online and instructor led materials following an instructional design process. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Design and facilitate the roll-out of new and existing training programs and incorporate adult learning principles in material and activity development.
- Advocate for continuous improvement in learning solutions through improved/enhanced methodologies to improve training opportunities
- Review knowledge and performance gaps, desired outcomes, learner characteristics and contexts, and other program or initiative constraints as part of instructional design
- Maintain relationships with internal business partners, field training resources and others in the business
- Determine and verify accurate learning objectives in order to create relevant learning content and assessments, using proper methodology
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to support projects from initiation to project delivery
- Collaborate with project teams to design learning and performance support solutions including classroom sessions, job-aids, materials, activities and online modules
- Maintain up to date and practical knowledge of adult learning principles and ISD (Instructional Systematic Design) concepts, including ADDIE (Analysis Design Development Implementation Evaluation)
Experience / Requirements
- Design and development of instructional material (on-line and classroom) in a corporate setting, collaborating with cross-functional teams in all phases of the project life cycle and producing creative learning solutions. required
- Articulate, Captivate experience required
- Or equivalent education in lieu of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Related field, Education or Training required