Rite Aid is committed to developing a world class product management organization. This role is a key piece to the digital transformation for Rite Aid. This role offers the opportunity to rebuild from the ground up and position Rite Aid as a best in class digital leader. This role offers the opportunity to work remotely for a Fortune 100 company in a highly visible and important role.
The UX Designer is responsible for envisioning how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and innovative. In this role, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
The UX Designer is also responsible for creating and building interactions that remove friction from the customer's journey throughout Rite Aid's digital assets. This role is responsible for visual design, interaction design, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and customer acceptance. The interaction designer will be the UX champion that will define and establish a design system. The incumbent is responsible for finding solutions to problems in a complex and constantly changing environment.
Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Develop concepts based on customer feedback, analytic insights, business requirements, and creative direction, and can communicate those effectively to stakeholders.
- Translate complex concepts into simple user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital initiatives.
- Develops and executes customer experience solutions by employing a broad array of user-centered design tools including: customer experience brief, site strategy, wireframes or visual mockups, site layouts, site maps, taxonomies navigation schematics, task flows, design briefs, key screens, templates, prototypes
- Provide product usability, evaluation and support to development teams.
- Develops new research and tests theories that lead to alternative, leading edge design solutions.
Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experiences crafting usable digital interfaces.
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
- Experience with Adobe Enterprise products is a plus.