The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to associates in the distribution center. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Gather operational data to create and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly productivity reports.
- Create databases, spreadsheets, and word processing documents to support the needs of associates in the distribution center.
- Sort and file various records, such as Human Resources, operations, safety, and quality information.
- Proofread documents and forms to ensure the integrity of the information.
- Field telephone calls for associates in the distribution center.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Typing speed of sixty (60) WPM.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus up to two (2) years’ experience in an office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.