The primary purpose of this position is to direct the Technology Services Vendor Management Office (VMO). The VMO's mission is to enable technologists and internal technology customers to make the best use of their resources through strategic partnerships, financial insights, and market awareness. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns developing and implementing purchasing strategies through partnership, financial insight, and technology market awareness that covers all technology spends throughout the enterprise.
- Stay informed of market trends and technology innovations while assisting other Rite Aid business constituents with an evaluation of new technology from infrastructure partners.
- Establish and maintain service level agreements with vendors to monitor performance/quality metrics, continually optimize value and address non-compliance with agreements. Resolve vendor problems related to quality, performance, and service level.
- Organize regular strategic business reviews with strategic technology partners to set and update goals in the partnership. Build strong relationships with other technology companies to jointly advocate for common objectives.
- Provide guidance on how to establish or optimize the governance of technology assets through process, tools, and services, to optimize cost and provide a foundation for strategic technology decisions.
- Stay informed on strategic directions of key vendors to guide purchasing decisions and vendor management activities in alignment with the organization's business objectives.
- Lead negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and vendor contracts to assure all corporate and legal policies and procedures are met. Negotiate conditions including pricing, quality, service level agreements and implementation.
Experience / Requirements
- 7 years of experience in technology vendor management required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Business, Technology or related required