The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot and resolve store hardware and software issues in a manner that minimizes downtime or eliminates customer inconvenience. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
This position offers the ability to be fully remote.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Understand complex troubleshooting and resolve assigned front-end and pharmacy problems within the specified timeframe, including start-overs, system recovery, Script-pro central drives, failovers/failbacks, basic and in-depth financials, drive installs, local mode and overnight failures.
- Detail all actions taken and maintain progress reports within the current problem-tracking application
- Answer incoming calls and thoroughly detail the issue in the problem-tracking application
- Escalate problem calls when necessary or request guidance when obstacles prevent timely resolution
- Keep lead support representatives, FSS supervisors, and store associates/ management up to date regarding company-wide issues and resolutions
- Develop and accurately utilize Problem Diagnosis Resolution (PDR) documentation
- Assist with mentoring subordinate Field Systems Support (FSS) associates, offer guidance or assistance whenever necessary
- Track problem resolution when dispatching a third-party vendor to complete on-site repairs
- Provide on-the-job and/or classroom training to associates
Experience / Requirements
- 5 years of experience in a retail systems support environment required
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required