The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that the distribution center and its related equipment are working properly. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Remain knowledgeable of the equipment and operating systems in and around the distribution center.
- Properly use and maintain the tools and equipment utilized in the work area; ensure the work and shop areas are clean and organized.
- Perform repair assignments, preventative maintenance, equipment installation, and troubleshooting to minimize the down time of machinery in a specified area of the distribution center. This includes, but is not limited to, basic repairs and maintenance of conveyer systems, forklifts, cranes, turret trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Perform basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs.
- Replace Material Handling Equipment (MHE) batteries.
- Perform basic repairs to dock doors, dock curtains, and dock hitch assemblies.
- Assist maintenance personnel with special projects and assignments as directed by the lead or supervisor.
- Maintain accurate documentation for work orders.
- Ability to analyze network boards and various computer and robotic equipment and replace if necessary
- Troubleshoot network, software systems, cabling, PLC and IO devices
- Mechanical experience with aligning bearings, shafts and drives
- Adjust tension of belts, chains and conveyor systems
- Perform basic diagnostic tests and preventive maintenance, in accordance with prescribed schedules; Adjust equipment and reset or calibrate systems and controls to specs.
- Ability to measure voltage and current accurately and safely and to use this data to troubleshoot circuits
Experience / Requirements
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training:
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Remain positive and supportive to co-workers and management
- Ability to be a self-starter and team player
- Possess a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/warehousing technical terms and processes.
- Possess a good knowledge of, and dexterity to use, a variety of hand and power tools, welding equipment, and shop equipment.
- Operate various types of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) including, but not limited to, forklifts, cranes, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, etc.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day and evening hours.
Other criteria would include:
- Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must furnish your own tools to complete preventative maintenance and associated assignments
- Valid driver’s license
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one (1) year of experience in industrial maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years’ experience in Automation Production environment required, Pharmacy Production environment preferred (Mail Order Pharmacy, PBM)