The primary purpose of the Patient Care Technician is to support: a) the patient by ensuring patient understands their medication schedules b) the store by ensuring that the store team understands any logistical considerations with the schedule and dispensing of patient medications and c) the compliance packaging team by resolving any medication scheduling and processing issues. This associate may also be called on to assist in the dispensing process utilizing the compliance packaging robots. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Perform telephonic inbound or outbound calls to patients and/or stores to resolve medication scheduling
concerns and OTR set-up/maintenance.
- Address customer questions and concerns and partner with internal resources when appropriate to provide
further customer support and satisfaction.
- Operate and manipulate automated machinery as trained to assemble prescriptions as required.
- Participate in required operational meetings as necessary for business updates and operational process and
- Meet the performance goals established for the position I the areas of productivity, quality and customer
satisfaction to support business goals.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships across team and departments in support of achieving
customer and business goals.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all company policies that are applicable for job function and
participate in mandatory training in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience / Requirements
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
• PTCB Certified preferred
• NJ Rx Tech registration in active status or applied for within 10 days of hire
Education and/or Experience
• H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Prior retail technician experience preferred..