The primary purpose of the Production Technician is to refill and replenish prescription requests utilizing automation equipment to be dispensed in compliance packaging. Under the supervision of a pharmacist, the pharmacy technician packages and distributes medications in a fast paced production environment. Maintains continuous workflow in order to meet daily production goals. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid's brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Operates and manipulates automated machinery as trained to assemble prescriptions as required (e.g.
analysis of SynMed software files, manual insertion at the pre-production phase, cell count and sealing of
blister packs during post-production, container replenishment, etc.
- Perform initial product verification as part of prescription approval process in partnership with Pharmacist on
- Is responsible for selecting and importing orders for automation equipment dispensing, printing labels, and
order management required to dispense prescriptions. Operates and monitors robotic machines that dispense
- Performs cleaning and maintenance on all work areas and Maintains the floor in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in inventory maintenance (stocking shelves, checking for expired medications, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in required operational meetings as necessary for business updates and operational process and
- Receives electronic prescriptions, weekly batches or refill requests and accurately and efficiently fills the
prescriptions under the direction of the Pharmacist. Performs pharmacy tasks such as handling, counting,
mixing and packaging medications
- Uses pharmaceutical technician expertise to ensure compliance, efficiency and quality of operations.
- Participates in company quality initiatives, recognizing opportunities for improvements and reporting quality
assurance issues. Secures information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company
and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
- Performs other duties as required
Experience / Requirements
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
• PTCB Certified preferred
• NJ Rx Tech registration in active status or applied for within 10 days of hire
Education and/or Experience
• H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Prior retail technician experience preferred..