The primary purpose of this position is to administer or assist with administration of health & welfare benefit programs, such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefits, wellness programs and other benefit programs as assigned. This position will focus on plan implementation, modification, and on-going operational support and analysis. The Specialist provides customer support on complex associate issues. In addition, the Specialist is responsible for the delivery of programs to employees. The incumbent coordinates with third-party providers to ensure the successful delivery of programs, communications and materials. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
Experience / Requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Assist with annual/new hire enrollment processes. Analyze and/or reconcile data processes to ensure correct data is being transferred to vendors. Respond and resolve escalated associate issue timely.
- Assist management with associate communication and in compliance areas including but not limited to annual enrollment communications, SPD review, plan document review, communication of federally required notices, and submission of annual required filings.
- Provide benefits expertise in conjunction with implementation of vendors and products as it relates to set-up and system input and output.
- Create and work with queries to perform analysis and proactive audit of health & welfare benefit plans.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Business Administration, Human Resources, accounting, or related field preferred, or equivalent education in lieu of experience. preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Administration of Health & Welfare benefit plans. required.
- Or equivalent education in lieu of experience.