The primary purpose of this position is to deliver merchandise to Rite Aid stores in a timely and efficient manner. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
▪ Operate a tractor-trailer to deliver merchandise to retail stores from the distribution center.
▪ Unload merchandise from the tractor-trailer and place it in the store’s stockroom; load returned merchandise on the tractor-trailer and deliver it to the distribution center.
▪ Interact with dispatching associates at the distribution center to communicate discrepancies with pharmacy and cigarette merchandise delivered to the stores.
▪ Ensure the tractor-trailer is clean and fueled properly.
▪ Comply with all Department of Transportation rules and regulations related to commercial driving.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
▪ Minimum age of 18 years old to operate machinery.
▪ Ability to pass drug test.
▪ Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
▪ Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
▪ Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
▪ Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
▪ Ability to work extended days on a regular basis.
▪ Ability to work day or evening hours.
▪ Accuracy and attention to detail.
▪ Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
The following qualities are helpful:
▪ Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
▪ Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
This position requires the following:
▪ Valid commercial driver's license (class A) to operate tractor-trailers.
▪ Doubles certification to pull two trailers at once, if applicable.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus five (5) years' experience operating a tractor-trailer with no reportable incidents or accidents; or equivalent combination of education and experience.