The primary purpose of this position is to sort and stack product into their correct containers/locations and preparing them for shipment using various equipment. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Stack and pile product into containers.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Pack them following a specific set of instructions.
- Clean and prepare containers for packing.
- Check to ensure containers are damage free.
- Verify if items and quantity selected are correct.
- Fill out forms and papers to record measurement, weight, and product count.
- Keep track of inventory.
- Seal and label each container.
- Palletize and move completed packages for loading.
- Review packing lists.
- Mark and label containers.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work extended days on a regular basis.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions/procedure manuals; can speak effectively.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.